Submitting a well-written resume is critical to landing that dream job as a remote employee in today’s competitive job market. While some may argue that skills and experience should speak for themselves, it’s important to remember that HR professionals are likely to have a huge pile of resumes to sift through, and the first impression is often the last.
That’s why it’s imperative that your resume stands out from the rest. But how do you go about doing that? Here are some tips to help you write a winning resume that will get HRBP's attention:
1. Tailor your resume to the job you’re applying for:
2. Highlight your relevant experience:
- Take the time to read the job description carefully and highlight the key skills and qualifications that apply to you. Then, make sure to incorporate these into your resume.
- While it’s tempting to send out a generic resume to as many job postings as possible, tailoring your resume to the specific job you’re applying for will increase your chances of being noticed by the HRBP.
3. Keep it Clean and Simple:
- Make sure to highlight your most relevant experiences and accomplishments at the top of the page, such as roles and responsibilities from previous jobs.
- Include quantifiable achievements, such as, “Increased sales by 20% within the first quarter of joining the company”.
4. Use Keywords:
- Keep the format simple and easy to read.
- Use bullet points to make important information stand out.
- Avoid using too many colors or fonts that may distract from the content of your resume.
- Most companies rely on applicant tracking systems that quickly scan resumes to determine if they are a good fit for the position. To increase your chances of being selected, make sure to use the same keywords that were listed in the job description.
- Use industry-specific terminology and include relevant certifications and skills that demonstrate your expertise.
By following these tips, you can create a standout resume that will impress HRBP’s and help you land that dream remote job.
1234 South Street
Anytown, USA 12345
Human Resource Business Partner
An experienced HR professional with over 8 years of experience working in the strategic development and staffing of organizations. Demonstrated success in implementing creative solutions to increase employee productivity, engagement and retention.
Human Resource Business Partner: 2017 – Present
- Acts as a strategic business partner to senior management team in order to build and execute comprehensive human resources program.
- Successfully reduced employee turnover rate by 15% through targeted recruitment strategies and a comprehensive retention plan.
- Increased employee satisfaction rate by implementing and conducting surveys resulting in a 14% lift in overall employee satisfaction.
- Played a key role in the development of employee development programs that resulted in a 20% increase in internal promotions within one year of the program’s launch.
- Developed and led training programs to improve leadership skills, resulting in a 25% increase in employee satisfaction with leadership performance.
Human Resource Coordinator: 2014 – 2017
- Managed recruitment, onboarding, and training of all new employees in conjunction with department managers.
- Developed staff training programs that significantly improved process efficiency and productivity.
- Identified and resolved employee relations issues and escalated complex issues to senior management as needed.
- Contributed to the development of innovative employee engagement strategies, resulting in a 10% improvement in employee satisfaction rate.
- Coordinated the creation of the employee handbook, updating policies for compliance and consistency.
Bachelor of Science in Human Resource Management: University of XYZ
Graduated Magna Cum Laude. Member of the Society for Human Resource Management.
- Human resources strategy planning and execution
- Employee relations
- Recruitment and onboarding
- Employee engagement and retention
- Performance management
References available upon request
Human Resources Business Partner
- 10+ years of experience as an HRBP with expertise in talent management, employee relations, and HR strategy
- Implemented employee engagement programs that resulted in increasing employee satisfaction scores by 15%
- Reduced employee turnover rate by 5% by designing and implementing retention strategies
- Developed and executed a talent acquisition strategy that decreased the time-to-fill position by 30%
- Partnered with leadership team to design and facilitate a leadership development program, resulting in 20% increase in leadership effectiveness
Human Resources Business Partner | 2015 - Present
- Partner with senior leadership to provide support and guidance on all HR matters, including talent management, employee engagement, and compliance
- Design and execute employee engagement programs, resulting in a 15% increase in employee satisfaction scores
- Develop and implement retention strategies, resulting in a 5% decrease in employee turnover rate
- Partner with hiring managers to design and execute a talent acquisition strategy, decreasing the time-to-fill position by 30%
- Facilitate leadership development programs, resulting in a 20% increase in leadership effectiveness
Human Resources Generalist | 2010 - 2015
- Managed employee relations and provided guidance to managers on performance and disciplinary issues
- Processed payroll and conducted benefits administration tasks, ensuring compliance with company policies and state/federal regulations
- Conducted new hire orientations and provided new employees with information on benefits and policies
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Human Resources | University of California, Los Angeles
123 Main Street | Anytown, USA 12345 | (555) 555-5555 | email@example.com
A results-driven Human Resources Business Partner with over 5 years of experience partnering with senior leaders to identify and develop targeted HR strategies that align with overarching business objectives. Skilled in employee engagement, talent acquisition, retention, and overall HR strategy development and management.
HR Business Partner
ABC Company, Anytown, USA | January 2019 - Present
- Partner with senior leaders and managers to identify and develop targeted recruitment strategies that enable the company to attract and retain top talent across all business functions.
- Implemented employee engagement initiatives, resulting in a 15% increase in employee satisfaction scores over a 12-month period.
- Developed and implemented a comprehensive training and development program for all employees, resulting in a 25% reduction in employee turnover rate.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure the effective management of employee relations, including conflict resolution and disciplinary actions.
DEF Company, Anytown, USA | April 2016 - December 2018
- Oversaw all aspects of the HR function, including talent acquisition, employee engagement, and retention strategies.
- Developed and maintained HR policies and procedures, ensuring compliance with all state and federal regulations.
- Implemented and managed a performance management system, resulting in a 10% increase in employee productivity over a 6-month period.
- Collaborated with senior leadership to develop and implement a compensation and benefits program that aligned with overall business objectives and goals.
Bachelor of Science in Human Resources Management
University of XYZ, Anytown, USA | May 2015
Society for Human Resource Management | June 2016
If you're an HRBP looking for a new remote job opportunity, it's important to make sure your resume stands out. By following the tips outlined in this guide, you can create a winning resume that showcases your skills and accomplishments. Remember to also write a great cover letterwrite a great cover letter, search through our remote HRBP job boardremote HRBP job board, and prepare for interviews to increase your chances of landing your dream job. Good luck!
Looking to ace your interviews? Our team has put together a collection of detailed interview questions and answers for different hrbp specializations, including Recruitment and Selection, Compensation and Benefits, Organizational Development, Employee Relations, and Performance Management.
Looking for a remote tech job? Search our job board for 30,000+ remote jobs