As a UX researcher, your resume needs to showcase your skills and experience in a way that captures the attention of your potential employers. To write a winning resume, you need to highlight the following:
- Relevant experience: Focus on your previous experience that's relevant to the UX research job you're applying for. Your past experiences should demonstrate the necessary skills needed for the job you're currently applying for.
- Technical skills: List out your technical skills (e.g. proficiency in design software like Photoshop, Sketch, Figma, or proficiency in tools like UserTesting, Optimal Workshop etc.) and how you've used them in the past for research.
- Methodologies: Showcase your research methodologies and how you implement them i.e. interviews, surveys, etc.
- Teamwork: UX research involves collaboration and teamwork. Highlight your skills in working with a team and provide insights on how you've worked in the past with different teams.
- Education: List any relevant education or certifications you have earned to demonstrate your knowledge and commitment to the field.
Keep in mind that your resume must be easy to read and concise, so avoid lengthy descriptions or unnecessary information. Instead, focus on the key points to showcase your skills and abilities.
Lastly, ensure that your contact information, including email address and phone number, is accurate and up to date so that potential employers can reach you easily.
123 Main Street | Anytown, USA 12345 | email@example.com | (555) 555-5555
Experienced UX Researcher with a demonstrated history of driving successful product outcomes through user-centered research methodologies. Passionate about improving user experiences and boosting revenue through data-driven insights.
UX Researcher, ABC Company
Date: January 2018 - Present
- Conducted in-depth user interviews, usability testing, and survey research for multiple products and features, resulting in a 45% increase in user engagement
- Collaborated closely with designers, product managers, and engineers to ensure user needs were fully integrated into product development
- Developed and executed multiple research projects that contributed to a 30% increase in revenue and a 20% increase in customer retention
- Presented research findings and recommendations to senior leadership team on a monthly basis, advising on the strategic direction for product development
UX Researcher, XYZ Agency
Date: June 2016 - December 2017
- Conducted heuristic evaluations, card sorting, and journey mapping to identify usability issues and areas for improvement on client websites, resulting in a 25% increase in conversion rates
- Worked closely with the design team to develop wireframes and prototypes based on research insights, resulting in a more user-friendly website
- Developed and facilitated user testing sessions, notably testing a new mobile banking app, which resulted in a 40% increase in user satisfaction
Master of Science, Human-Computer Interaction - University of California, San Diego
Date: September 2014 - June 2016
Bachelor of Science, Cognitive Psychology - University of California, Los Angeles
Date: September 2010 - June 2014
- User research methodologies
- Usability testing
- Survey design and analysis
- Journey mapping
- Wireframing and prototyping
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Statistics and data analysis
- Project management
123 Main Street, Anytown USA 12345
555-555-5555 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Detail-oriented UX Researcher with 5+ years of experience in conducting user research studies, analyzing data, and creating actionable insights. Skilled in utilizing various qualitative and quantitative research methods to improve the user experience for leading companies in the tech industry.
UX Researcher, ABC Tech
UX Researcher, XYZ Company
- Conducted user research studies utilizing various methods such as surveys, interviews, and usability testing to gather feedback on product designs.
- Analyzed data from user research studies to identify pain points and areas of improvement within the product.
- Created detailed reports and presentations to communicate findings to stakeholders and inform product decisions.
- Increased user engagement by 25% through the implementation of recommended design improvements.
- Designed and conducted user research studies to gather feedback on website navigation and ease of use.
- Developed user personas based on research findings and identified key user needs and pain points.
- Collaborated with cross-functional teams to implement design solutions to improve user experience, resulting in a 35% increase in website conversion rate.
Education and Certifications
Master of Science in Human-Computer Interaction, University of California, San Diego
Certified Usability Analyst (CUA), Human Factors International
- Relevant coursework: User Research Methods, Usability Testing, Information Architecture
- Skills include: developing user personas, conducting usability tests, analyzing data
Email: email@example.com | Phone: 555-555-5555 | Location: New York City, NY
Experienced UX researcher with a proven track record of delivering insights that drive product enhancements and increase user satisfaction. Proficient in both qualitative and quantitative research methodologies. Familiar with all stages of the design process and comfortable working with cross-functional teams.
UX Researcher - ABC Company
New York City, NY | 2018-Present
UX Research Intern - XYZ Company
- Conducted in-depth user research studies through interviews, surveys, and usability testing to identify user needs and pain points.
- Developed research plans and methodologies that informed the design of new product features and enhancements.
- Collaborated with designers, product managers, and developers to ensure product changes aligned with user feedback.
- Presented research findings to stakeholders and executives, resulting in implementation of features that increased user satisfaction by 25% within 3 months of launch.
New York City, NY | 2017-2018 (Part-time)
- Assisted with user research studies by recruiting participants, conducting interviews, and analyzing data.
- Collaborated with senior UX researchers to identify trends and insights that informed product changes.
- Created user personas and journey maps that were used to guide the design process.
Bachelor of Science in Psychology
New York University | 2017
- Qualitative and Quantitative Research
- Usability Testing
- User Interviews
- Data Analysis
- User Persona and Journey Map Creation
- Collaboration and Communication
Writing a winning resume takes time and effort, but it's worth it to land your dream job as a UX Researcher. Remember to focus on your key skills and experiences, use active verbs, and tailor your resume to each job application.
One of the next steps is to write a great cover letter. Check out our guide to writing a cover letter to help you stand out from the crowd.
Don't forget to prepare for interviews by researching the company, practicing common interview questions, and showcasing your passion for user experience.
If you're looking for a new job, be sure to search through our remote UX Research job board to find the perfect opportunity for you!
Looking to ace your interviews? Our team has put together a collection of detailed interview questions and answers for different ux researcher specializations, including Qualitative Research, Quantitative Research, Usability Testing, Information Architecture, and Persona Development.
Looking for a remote tech job? Search our job board for 25,000+ remote jobsSearch Remote Jobs